How to Cook Jollibee Crispy Chicken
The Jollibee Fast Food Chain has been around since 1980 and since then their famous crispy chickenjoy has been the favorite of many , most specially the children. At long last I have been able to recreate their secret Chickenjoy Recipe. In this article I will teach you how to cook Jollibee Crispy Chicken (Chickenjoy) easily.
|Jollibee Chickejoy Secret Recipe and Tutorial|
First before we cook anything we must marinate the chicken. This following Marinate recipe is still used as of today by the Jollibee Corporation for their Crispy Chickenjoy which are marinated daily in 40 to 80 lbs at a time, however the amount of this marinade is only good for about 15 lbs of chicken.
Follow this Easy Steps:
The Chickenjoy Marinate
- 5 cups water
- 4 tablespoons MSG
- 2 tablespoons Potassium
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/3 cup Bottled Chicken Concentrate
Let’s start! Mix all the dry ingredients above then add the 5 cups of water. Mix well and then soak the chicken in the mixture then marinate for 24 hours under refrigeration. When this is done we will proceed to the next part.
Secret Jollibee Original Chickenjoy Recipe:
6 cups Crisco Shortening
3 tablespoons salt
2 whole chickens cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
2 cups Milk
2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons ground pepper
1 eggs well beaten
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 dash paprika
1 teaspoon MSG
Step by Step Cooking Procedure:
1. Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, Combine the egg and milk.
3. In a separate bowl, Combine the remaining six dry ingredients.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated.
5. In groups of four or five, drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid.
6. When pressure start to builds up, cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Serve Hot and Enjoy!
All this context gathered from http://www.thepinoycookbook.com/2014/04/secret-jollibee-crispy-chicken.html