Matcha Cupcakes with delicious green tea cream cheese frosting are perfect for Christmas or any other occasion! “This post is on behalf of Enzo. All opinions are my own. I wasn’t compensated for review but I received a product for free.”
Christmas is approaching so quickly. It will be here next week. And recently, I was thinking to make matcha cupcakes that will look like little Christmas trees. I thought the little trees will be perfect for Holidays and you can decorate them however you want.
To make my cupcakes green I used 100% organic Enzo Matcha. It was my first time trying Matcha green tea and honestly I didn’t know what to expect. How it will color my food or how it will taste. After opening the seal-able 4 oz. package I instantly smelled the green tea. It comes in a fine powder form. Also, it dissolves quickly. It can be used for smoothies, lattes as well as for baking.
Enzo Matcha green tea has many health benefits like boosting energy, improving focus and enhancing metabolism. It is high in fiber and it has more antioxidants than dark chocolate. High content of chlorophyll in organic matcha is great for skin.
The taste is twice stronger than regular green tea.
The matcha cupcakes came out delicious. Soft, moist and sweet enough. The creamy frosting was made with cream cheese, sugar and Enzo Matcha green tea. I loved the color of my cupcakes and the taste was incredible.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. Enzo Matcha green tea
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 brick of cream cheese, softened
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 2 Tsp. Enzo Matcha green tea
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, Enzo Matcha green tea and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat eggs with sugar for 3 minutes until creamy.
- Add the butter, vanilla extract and mix for 3 minutes. Add greek yogurt and blend well.
- In a low speed beat in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner full with 3/4 batter. Bake for 17 – 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted will come out clean.
- Cool off completely before frosting.
- With electric mixer beat the cream cheese with greek yogurt, Enzo Matcha green tea , and powdered sugar until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
All this context and images gathered from http://ilonaspassion.com/matcha-cupcakes-with-green-tea-cream-cheese-frosting/