Soft chocolate cupcakes with a peppermint chocolate filling and a delicious peppermint cream cheese frosting. These will become your new holiday favorite.
Peppermint Cream Cheese Cupcakes
©Cook Crave Inspire by SpendWithPennies.com
Pin it to your BAKING board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
December is the busiest month in our house because of course it’s Christmas, but we also have 3 birthdays on top of countless parties and gatherings. It just seems I can never catch a moment in the month of December.
I love to have baking to share with guests and friends but I really don’t always have a ton of time. Being short on time, I came up with this easy recipe using a Betty Crocker™ mix while adding in some delicious holiday flavor.
I used the Premium Cupcake Mix (with Hershey’s® chocolate…. yum!) found in the baking aisle at Safeway and topped it with a frosting that takes less than 3 minutes to prepare. (In fact, Safeway had all of the baking supplies I needed for holiday baking). The result is the perfect holiday dessert for sharing!
Not only do I love having baking ready for visitors but I love dropping off plates of baked goods to friends, neighbors and teachers! These are the perfect way to spread cheer this holiday season!!
Note: While the box directions have you add the filling before baking, I prefer to scoop out a piece of the baked cupcake and add the filling after baking. I find it gives a gooier center which we prefer. You can certainly do it either way, baking the filling in is easier.
Once baked and cooled, use a small knife or spoon to create a small cavity in your cupcake. Fill it with the peppermint filling and replace the piece you scooped out. Frost as usual.
If you’re looking for more delicious easy recipes, you’re going to LOVE this new Turtle Sugar Cookie Cups ! They are definitely on my “must make” list! Here are a few more easy recipes you’ll want to try featuring Betty Crocker, and Hershey’s (and you can grab all of the ingredients at your local Safeway):
- 1 box Betty Crocker Hershey’s Chocolate Premium Cupcake Mix (15 oz)
- ingredients as directed on the box
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 finely crushed candy canes
- red food coloring (optional)
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open package and set the small chocolate filling packet aside.
- Place the filling into a small bowl and stir in ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on the box using.
- Optional: You can pipe the filling into the cupcakes before or after baking.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- If you haven’t already added the filling, scoop out a piece of the baked cupcake using a small spoon or cupcake corer. Add the filling into the cavity and replace the piece you scooped out.
- Beat cream cheese and peppermint extract until soft and fluffy. Stir in Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting, crushed candy canes and a couple of drops of food coloring if using. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Pipe or spread or pipe frosting on each cupcake. Sprinkle with additional crushed candy canes if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker™ and Hershey’s® .
All these context and images gathered from http://www.spendwithpennies.com/peppermint-cream-cheese-cupcakes/